25 October 2010

Absentee Update.

Category One (birds I should definitely see)

Dipper, Firecrest, Grasshopper Warbler, Grey Partridge, Guillemot, Jack Snipe, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Nightingale, Pied Flycatcher, Ring Ouzel, Tawny Owl.

I have been able to lose Barn Owl, Brambling and Redpoll from this list. Hurrah!

Category Two (birds I narrowly missed, or could've made - could still in some cases - the effort for)

Arctic Skua, Bean Goose, Bearded Tit, Chough, Cirl Bunting, Common Scoter, Dotterel, Eider, Great Bustard, Golden Eagle, Hen Harrier, Hoopoe, Leach's Storm Petrel, Purple Heron, Red-backed Shrike, Red-breasted Merganser, Slavonian Grebe, Waxwing, White-tailed Eagle, Woodlark, Wryneck.

None from here. :-(

Category Three (those that may be offered up by Lady Luck)

Black Kite, Caspian Gull, Citrine Wagtail, Corncrake, Glaucous Gull, Great Grey Shrike, Honey Buzzard, Icterine Warbler, Long-eared Owl, Melodious Warbler, Ortolan Bunting, Quail (I refuse to count it unless I see one), Red-rumped Swallow, Richard's Pipit, Roseate Tern, Rough-legged Buzzard, Snow Bunting, Snow Goose, Stone Curlew, Water Pipit, Wilson's Storm Petrel, Woodchat Shrike.

Today I dropped Great Grey Shrike from this list! I shouldn't think any other category three birds will be coming off before the end of the year, though.

Awesome progress...

No comments: