01 June 2010

How am I doing?

A look at my wishlist doesn't reveal much progress - despite a year list of 157. Since I last posted it I've been able to tick off House Martin, Tern (any) and Woodcock.

Barn Owl
Brambling
Common Scoter
Dipper
Firecrest
Glossy Ibis (must've gone to Ham Wall the only day they weren't there)
Grasshopper Warbler
Grey Partridge
Hen Harrier
Jack Snipe
Lesser Spotted Woodpecker
Little Owl
Merlin
Pied Flycatcher
Redpoll (never seen one. EVER)
Ring Ouzel (less said the better...)
Spotted Redshank (blown that until the winter)
Turtle Dove
Woodlark (blew it in Suffolk)
Yellow Wagtail

Two visits to Nagshead and not one Pied Flycatcher is frankly embarrassing. Everyone I meet there has seen one here and there. The people I went with on Sunday evening all saw one. Unbelievable. I need to find out which boxes they're in... although that wouldn't be as satisfactory as actually finding one myself!!!

The absence of Yellow Wagtails is just odd.

No comments: