09 April 2010

Red-legged Partridges.

Beautiful day today. In view of my trip to the Gadget Show Live in Birmingham tomorrow (thus no birding possible), I took another early evening trip to Hawling in the hope of catching up with another lingering Short-eared Owl. Alas, not to be. Plenty of Skylark though - like a choir at times - a couple of Buzzards, a few small flocks of Yellowhammer, and in the form of a year tick, many Red-legged Partridges.



Met a chap who does the BTO surveys for the area (Steve Brown, I think, but I'm embarrassed to say I'm not sure I have his surname right!). Anyway, he was kind enough to let me know a good place to see Barn Owls in the area. So, I went to have a look and stuck around until sunset. No Barn Owls though - but I will try again soon.

As compensation, I came across a small number of Roe Deer. Picture of a buck:

No comments: