23 March 2010

Glass half empty.

So this year. Which birds should I have seen by now that I haven't? Hmm?

I reckon Pink-footed Goose, Grey Partridge, Greenshank, Jack Snipe, Skylark, Wheatear, Stonechat, Brambling, REDPOLL

And which birds can I not expect to see, but would've liked to (or missed by a small margin)?:

Common Scoter, Purple Sandpiper, Glossy Ibis, Spoonbill, Merlin, Little Ringed Plover, Mediterranean Gull, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Dipper, Firecrest

*sigh*


I've also worked out, by flicking through my Collins, that I have a UK list of 174. What my 'life list' is, I've no idea, as I only started listing in any serious fashion in 2009. I can remember which birds I've seen in my life in the UK so that total is accurate, but not abroad during holidays both as an adult and a child... and I suppose a proper life list should include that information.

No comments: