07 February 2010

Neglectful.


I am.

Difficult to get round to updating this thing. Never mind, there are reasons to rejoice. I have a Cley Spy Mulepack, Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 tripod and 700RC2 head to use with my Swaro ATS65HD. The combo is a joy to use.

Since I last put anything down my year list has 'shot' up to 82. Additions such as Nuthatch, Common Crossbill, Siskin, Black-tailed Godwit, Golden Plover and European White-fronted Geese all make me happy.

I saw the Crossbills at Boys Grave and New Fancy View in the Forest. It was the first time I'd had a great look at them with decent optics at my disposal. The males are particularly gorgeous.

Today at Slimbridge I was privileged to have the most amazing view of a Sparrowhawk sat in a tree (from the Kingfisher Hide). I tried to take some photos through the eyepiece, but I really do need to get some proper digiscoping equipment (trouble is the tripod and head and mulepack all cost money too!)



I also tried to photogrpah a Siskin I saw today, but it's a bit awful!

No comments: