31 August 2010

Two More Down, Fifteen More To Go.

Since I last posted this 'Should've Seen This Year' list I've seen many Yellow Wagtail and a single Merlin. I still think I could get half of the remaining birds:

Barn Owl
Brambling
Common Scoter
Dipper
Firecrest
Glossy Ibis
Grasshopper Warbler
Grey Partridge
Hen Harrier
Jack Snipe
Lesser Spotted Woodpecker
Pied Flycatcher
Redpoll
Ring Ouzel
Woodlark

Also, my year list is now at 174, and I think that my 200 target is very achievable - especially with a trip to Scilly in September. Now, I know that September isn't peak time, but since I'm still a relative novice it should give me a number of birds I've never seen before. For example I'd go bat crazy for a Red-backed Shrike or a Buff-breasted Sandpiper - both of which are quite likely.

I'm also conscious that my UK llife list it at 197. I wonder what the 200th will be?

No comments: